Candlelight Supper: Blue Turkey Plaid Thanksgiving Tablescape

Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Blue Turkey Plaid Thanksgiving Tablescape

The Blue Turkey & Plaid Thanksgiving Tablescape

This table will be for the Teens to sit and enjoy their Thanksgiving meal.  

I love to mix things up a bit and use non-traditional Holiday colors sometimes.  Inspired by the Cobalt blue little salt cellar Turkeys' and blue plaid plates.  
  









I couldn't make up my mind which dinner plate to use.  The tan ones I preferred (they are both the same color one photographed in the evening and the other in the morning).  When I looked at the full tablescape the tan with the tablecloth flowed so nicely in the overall look.  Though the blue grape pattern matches the grape pattern on the burlap tablecloth. 



Dark blue flatware that I really like.  I have this plastic flatware in several colors.


My inspiration for this table was the little Cobalt Blue Turkey mini salt cellars and cute little spoons.





This unique Thanksgiving tablescape was an easy table to set up.  I actually prefer this one to others I have done that are more ornate, elegant, or fussy.  I enjoy the simplicity and ease of sitting down and relaxing with loved ones.  Where the focus is on the company you keep and enjoying your time together.  Oh I forgot, the food!


Thanks for looking.  Please feel free to leave a comment.

I will be sharing this post at Between Naps on the Porch for Tablescape Thursday.

12 comments:

Parsimonious Décor Darling said...

Both plates are pretty, I love the blue grape plate, but I do like how the tan one adds a bit of interest to the stack. Very pretty!

Liz@ HomeandGardeningWithLiz said...

It is a refreshing color scheme isn't it! I've been doing fall decorating since September and ready for something different. When I decorate my Mom's dining table for Thanksgiving it will be simpler. Gotta have room for the food! I like both plate choices- I guess I'd go with the tan just to add a little fall tone to it. I like the little blue salt cellars. I never even heard of a salt cellar until I started blogging!

Rosie M. said...

I love this table! It's fun to see non-traditional fall colors still radiate the feeling of Thanksgiving! Your salt cellars are precious. I like both plates (can't resist blue and white. ever.), but I think the tan one adds a contrast, which is nice. Thanks for sharing this and showing a different perspective! Rosie @ The Magic Hutch

Sandra Lee said...

This is beautiful! I am so in love with plaid now and those plates are calling my name. Your blue palette is gorgeous and I would love to take a seat beside the teens at this table!

Ann @ Corner of Plaid and Paisley said...

Love those cute blue plaid plates! and to pair them with your table cloth jut adds so much interest. You can tell by my blog name that I was going to love your table! Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Sonia said...

I have two of those blue paid plates and use them with my cobalt glass dinner plates and white porcelain underneath...love them!

Anonymous said...

I Love the cobalt, it Is my Favorite color. Just so Lovely! You always are choosing the most wonderful pieces to use. Always looking forward to the next tablescape... -Ellie Pazp

Anonymous said...

I love the cobalt, it is my favorite color. Just so lovely. You always are choosing the most wonderful pieces to use. Always looking forward to the next tablescape... Ellie Paz

thepaintedapron.com said...

How pretty and different Valerie! I just love your blue "turkey" salt cellars!
Jenna

candlelightsupper said...

By accident I deleted some comments. I am sorry. They were great comments. I was cleaning out my email inbox and I mistakenly deleted some comments from this blog post.

Unknown said...

What a cute table setting! I love the little turkey salt cellars and itty bitty spoons! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Emily roberts said...

I love the blue!! When you think turkey you don't usually do blue! It's super cute